Job Title: Project Assistant of the Institut Français de Birmanie (6-month contract)
Description of the Organization:
The French Institute of Myanmar (IFB, formerly Alliance Française) was created in 1961. The IFB is the cultural section of the embassy of France in Myanmar, rendering services to the cultural diversity in Myanmar, and also serving as the center of excellence for teaching French and Myanmar languages.
Located in an exceptional compound in the heart of Yangon, the IFB is a multipurpose place for culture and arts. Its ambition is to remain a place for creation and cross-cultural encounters for Myanmar and francophone artists. The IFB offers a steady artistic programme with cultural events all year long.
- To assist the culture officer in organizing cultural activities, events and festivals
- To assist the communication officer in visibility campaigns and press relation of IFB
- To support the language courses related campaigns and activities through communication
- To support the development of contents for all communication tools (online and printing tools)
- To manage general inquiries, data entry, incoming/ outgoing phone calls regarding the cultural activities and courses
- To translate contents
- To coordinate with suppliers and service providers
Period of Service: from the 15th October 2018 to the 14th April 2019 (6-month contract)
Place of Work: Institut Français de Birmanie
Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:30 to 17:30 including 1-hour lunch break (7 hours/ day). Depending upon the events and activities, it is, sometimes, required to work in the evening or at the weekend.
Qualification and Skill Requirememt:
- Degree in French or English or Communication or equivalent qualifications
(Fresh graduates are welcomed to apply)
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken Myanmar and English languages
- Translation skills (for both formal and informal writing styles)
- Good communication and good knowledge on digital marketing
- Computer literate, especially in social media, e-mailing, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Dynamic, independent, responsive, open personality
- Good knowledge of French language
- Good knowledge on taking photos and web-administration (WordPress)
Interested candidates are invited to submit the CV, cover letter and certificates via email to email@example.com by the 5th October 2018 (Friday), 5 pm.
Short-listed candidates will be informed for the interview arrangement.
Download pdf here: Fiche de poste assistant(e) projet